Thursday, November 27, 2014

Mom's tea party

Last Sunday, my mom hosted a tea party for 30 friends. I signed up as the pastry chef. It kept me busy for a whole week.

T-7 days

Since pineapple cake can be kept fresh for up to 15 days, I made pineapple cakes the weekend before.

T-3 days

Moon cakes requires 2 days to reach best taste. On Wednesday night before, I made lotus seed filling. I made moon cake on Thursday night.

T-1 day

On Saturday, I made the Coconut red bean jello first so that it can be refrigerated overnight to shape up.
Then I made the Swiss roll and butter cookies.
Since I only have half day on Sunday, the more I can prepare the better. So I mixed the purple yam filling for the stick rice ball.
While at it, I used some purple yam puree to make purple yam buns. 

T-0 day

Stick rice ball is best eat fresh, if you leave it out too long, the rice may harden. I started to make the rice balls first thing in the morning. This is my favorite tray of the whole party.
The curry turnover is best served warm. I started bake them the hour before I need to deliver them to my mom's apartment.

Mission completed!

Recipes to be posted later.

No comments:

Post a Comment